Hi Sci-Arters,

This coronavirus is a huge challenge for us all--but one of the few upsides seems to be unexpected resilience of the natural world--we saw this article about the clearing of the Venetian canals:

https://www.classicfm.com/music-news/coronavirus/venice-canals-clear-dolphins-swim-italy-lockdown/

And I am sure there are many other examples--let's keep an eye out for these moments of uplift!  I am expecting that the air will be clearer because there are fewer cars on the road, and also that the airlines have curtailed flights significantly.  I remember hearing that the one day in our century that had the most sunlight reaching the earth's surface was--wait for it--September 12, 2001, because the airlines were grounded.

I think the earth heals quickly, if only we can give her a chance--of course, it is a bummer that it has to be in this fashion, but another way to look at it is the quarantines will be an interesting experiment--and the results will be fascinating, once we get through it all.

Stay safe everyone! Find fun art projects to keep you engaged.

Best,

Chris

--
Chris Gralapp