The GNSI Conference Planning Team has suspended planning for the 2020 Salt Lake City Conference in light of the current urgent situation regarding COVID-19 coronavirus. Normally we would be opening registration in the coming weeks, but discussions among the Conference Chairs, the Conference Oversight Committee, and the GNSI Board led to the decision that holding the conference this summer is both unsustainable and potentially unsafe. This suspension includes the annual exhibition.

We are in discussion with the University of Utah, and are open to a postponement of our conference until next summer, 2021. We are reviewing the dates. GNSI leadership supports this as our best option, especially because our Co-chairs, Bricelyn Strauch and Christie Newman, have graciously agreed to continue their stewardship to hold the GNSI annual conference in Salt Lake City next summer.

We are discussing the potential for having online activities which can reasonably be accomplished later this summer or fall to fill the professional development and networking gap caused by cancelling the annual GNSI conference.

We offer our deepest thanks to the Conference Planning Team for their hard work up to now to produce a fantastically engaging conference for GNSI--which next year's conference promises to be!

GNSI's leadership truly regrets this decision, but it is prudent and necessary to protect the health and safety of our members, presenters, coordinators, and the public at large. We hope everyone is taking recommended precautions for themselves and is staying physically and emotionally healthy during this difficult time.

-
The 2020 GNSI Conference Planning Team, the GNSI Conference Oversight Committee, and the GNSI Board of Directors