Dear ECN Folks-

My admin requested I pass this along:

---

Dear Collections Users,

In response to COVID-19, the University of Kansas Biodiversity Institute and Natural History Museum is implementing precautionary measures to help reduce the spread of the virus, including limiting access to facilities. The safety of our staff, visitors, and communities are our first priority. As of March 13, 2020 the KUBI and NHM are temporarily closed to the public. That closure now includes access to the KUBI collections via scientific visits or outgoing loans. Users may continue to access collections information via the collections pages at https://biodiversity.ku.edu/collections-%26-research/collections
. Please do not ship collections such as returned loans to the museum at this time. We will reopen when we are advised that it is safe to do so.

Thank you for your understanding.

---

It’s starting to sound familiar, isn’t it…

As of today, Thursday the 18th, collection personnel are still present on site, though higher admin is actively making plans to scale back university employee presence on campus. We have requested to be considered “essential” and thus allowed to come in to the office- if deemed so, we may be able to continue providing specimen images, data and other services to the community, though on a reduced basis. However, like many of you already, it is likely that we will be asked to stay off campus for a period of time, effectively shuttering our operation (apart from listlessly checking email from home).

Stay safe, be well, and cheers,

Zack

Zachary H. Falin, Ph.D.

Collections Manager,