I am very pleased to announce that this year’s Digital Data in Biodiversity Research Conference, hosted by Indiana University (IU), is being converted to digital format, still to be held 1-3 June 2020.  We are extremely fortunate to have IU as our leading partner for this event due to its online conference technology and experienced colleagues. We feel confident that this year’s conference will be an exciting event that will attract even more participants, both U.S. and international, especially without the added costs of travel and lodging.

The planning team is currently organizing the conversion and will share plans regularly. In the meantime, we continue to accept oral presentation abstracts and are less restricted in our acceptance rate than in previous conferences. Optional registration fees* will support the digital format technology, the editing and publication of abstracts, and keeping the conference sustainable. More information on fees below.

To register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/4th-annual-digital-data-in-biodiversity-research-conference-tickets-86931098255

For more information: https://www.idigbio.org/content/digital-data-2020-harnessing-data-revolution-and-amplifying-collections-biodiversity

For agenda and logistic information visit the conference wiki:    https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/4th_Annual_Digital_Data_Conference,_Indiana_University

*Registration fees are optional but encouraged. The fee is $50.00 for students, post-docs, and emeritus faculty; $100.00 for professionals. When registering, those who wish not to make a financial contribution to the conference will have that option. Although registration is optional, your registration information, even if you opt out of the fee, will allow us to keep you updated about conference activities.

Gil Nelson PhD, Director

Integrated Digitized Biocollections (iDigBio)

Florida Museum of Natural History

University of Florida

FM_logo_horizontal_CMYK

Courtesy Professor