Greetings,

As a loaner – now forced to be a loner working from home – I would be amenable to allowing Carnegie Museum material to be transferred off-site temporarily, with the exception of type materials. Types should remain safely stored in the department or museum collection where the various agents of misfortune can be monitored and avoided. We all have plenty to deal with during this period and I wouldn’t want to impede students from continuing their studies during these lockouts. Having said that, it should be made explicitly clear that the student is responsible for any damage or loss that may occur, backed by a statement in writing signed by the student to that affect.

Stay healthy!

Bob

Robert A. Androw

Collection Manager - Section of Invertebrate Zoology

Phone (Androw desk): 412-353-4665

Phone (Section of IZ): 412-622-3259

Fax: 412-688-8670

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Biodiversity Services Facility

Section of Invertebrate Zoology

Carnegie Museum of Natural History

4400 Forbes Avenue

Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Visit the Biodiversity Services Facility home page:

https://www.invertebratezoology.org/bsf/

What's new in the Section of Invertebrate Zoology? Visit:

https://carnegiemnh.org/researcher/sections/invertebrate-zoology/

Current exhibition and event news for the

Carnegie Museum of Natural History:

http://www.carnegiemnh.org/

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." -- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Sent from Mail for Windows 10