Hi All,

Agreed with Luc, Norm, and Greg - we're all witnessing firsthand the uncertainty that comes with a global pandemic. Having loaned specimens scattered in students' homes, under uncertain condition, risks loss or destruction of the collections the community has worked so hard to build over hundreds of years. Let's use this time to reflect, think, and write (thesis chapters!), as well as attend to our lives, which are going to experience a major upheaval in the coming months. In times like this, it's easy to get swept up in the moment and feel as though examining these specimens, right now is the most critical thing, but it's up to us to remember, we're a creative bunch - theses can be reworked, goals can be reassessed, and gaps can be filled in later. The specimens will be there when we return.

As it specifically relates the collection for which I'm currently the custodian - please, all Entomology specimens from the MCZ collection must remain at the borrowing institution for the duration of the loan.

That being said, you may decide for yourself whether you'd like to take certain "low risk" specimens from your own collections home - I've brought home a pile of material that I've collected over the years, in personal collecting, so that I can mount and label them. That will help keep me sane!

Sincerely.

Crystal