David Smith and I are planning a volume for the Ashgate Historical Keyboard
Series (Routledge) concerned with authorship in keyboard music.

Our aim is to cover a very broad chronological range (1450-1820, or
possibly to 1900) and to include not only case studies examining particular
issues with authorship, but also historical concepts of authorship. Several
papers from a conference on this topic that took place in Lisbon in 2018
will be developed for inclusion, provisionally grouped under the headings
"authorship in keyboard music before 1700", "arrangement and adaptation"
and "authorial identity through performance". Proposals may consider these
topics but also others mentioned in the original call for papers (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__authorship-2Din-2Dkeyboard-2Dmusic-2D2018.webnode.com_call-2Dfor-2Dpapers_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=Mw2tO8D31sMaFvZZGTqV-FgkNicRzBRGpxdulDSDvkk&s=jgw8CWEYvoUQHEQE9ogYmC13BkQ0CLQEm9Is74TFEhs&e= ).

Please note that we hope to produce a focussed book, therefore potential
contributions must consider authorship directly one way or another.
Transcriptions or arrangements, for instance, should be discussed only
within an attempt to identify an author, or as a platform for examining
ideas about original composition, paraphrase or arrangement. Contributions
must also be concerned with keyboard repertories, instruments or performers.

The complete texts of all submitted contributions will be peer-reviewed
before acceptance. For now, please send proposals to Andrew Woolley
(awoolley -at- fcsh.unl.pt) and David Smith (david.j.smith -at-
northumbria.ac.uk) before 24 April 2020. These should consist of a title,
abstract of 500 words describing the method and argument, a projected word
count, and an indication of when you expect to be able to submit the
completed work.

Dr Andrew Woolley
Investigador FCT
CESEM
Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas - FCSH/NOVA
Av. de Berna, 26 C,
1069-061 Lisboa
Portugal
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cesem.fcsh.unl.pt_pessoa_andrew-2Dwoolley_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=Mw2tO8D31sMaFvZZGTqV-FgkNicRzBRGpxdulDSDvkk&s=kjjAQXJVQ9k7v2WYbUMEyMtQsdc7-eSWG4AppH_3-X4&e=