CALL FOR JOURNAL EDITORS!

Greetings, GNSI! The Journal Team is looking for additional editors to help with developing and managing content, managing the Journal schedule and records, and social media distribution duties. We all have our day jobs, so having additional team members will help share the responsibility of producing our Journal.

All of these positions are opportunities to increase your visibility in GNSI and expand your skill set and your CV. Editors will receive a shared, small (very small) token stipend per issue; but please consider these basically volunteer positions. The whole Journal crew will provide on-the-job training and help out as needed; we are a lively group and collaborate regularly on Basecamp, our online project management site, about All Things Journal, and we pitch in any time other team members need an opinion or a hand. We look forward to welcoming qualified and enthusiastic candidates to our group!

Candidates will be detail-oriented, thorough, and have good communication skills; a reasonably reliable internet connection is a must.

Our New Production Editor will:

·       Work closely with the current Production Editor and share duties as needed

o   Create and maintain article and production schedules

o   Create and maintain Basecamp files and folders and To-Do lists

o   Archive and backup articles and maintain article index

o   Help with proofreading as needed.

o   Submit RFPs (per issue stipend payment requests) to the GNSI Treasurer

Our new Content Editor will:

·       Help develop article ideas and contact potential authors

·       Manage initial development of article ideas with authors, mostly via email

o   Look over initial drafts and make suggestions as needed

o   Good editing and writing skills are essential

·       Work with the Production and Layout Editors closely

·       Assume some Production/Layout Editor duties, when able and as needed.

o   BONUS SKILLSET, not required but handy (would function as backup to the current Layout Editors): layout skills, specifically InDesign.

Our new Social Media Editor will:

·       Generate eye-catching social media posts for each article and release them regularly

·       Select images from an article and convert them to the ideal dimensions for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.

o   Work with the author(s) and Production Editor to obtain permissions and copyright issues for online publication

·       Write engaging, relevant, and positive social media posts to promote the Journal and request article and sketchbook submissions

·       BONUS SKILLSET, not required but handy (would function as backup to the current Technical Editor):

o   Prepare the Journal for posting online

o   Work with the GNSI webmaster to post a PDF of each issue

o   Work with the Journal Team to select open-source articles

§  Prep the content (text and images) so the articles display correctly on a web page.

Email (OFF LIST ONLY PLEASE!) your interest and background info. to [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Gail Guth

Senior Consulting Editor, Temporary Content Editor

GNSI Journal

--
Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design