IMPORTANT REMINDER: ONE MORE WEEK FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION

Abstracts for the Digital Data in Biodiversity Research Conference are due on 24 April. A link to the abstract submission form is distributed with your registration confirmation from EventBrite.

The conference will be structured to allow live presentations to be scattered among different time zones and recordings of all presentations will be posted on the wiki to ensure their availability to any time zone. Please see the current draft agenda on the developing wiki page for more information.

Since this year’s conference is completely virtual with attendees in time zones across the globe, we are asking all presenters to prepare a pre-recorded version of their presentation to allow for our globally-connected community to continue to engage with conference content.

We will continue to support oral presentations, poster presentations, and discussion sessions as noted on the abstract submission form.

Posters: All posters will be electronic and linked to the wiki page. There will not be a live session for posters. We are requesting that poster presenters provide a recorded description with their poster presentation. An example will be posted on the wiki page in the near future.

Oral presentations: Oral presentations should be 10 minutes long. Each oral presentation will be presented live and pre-recorded presentations will be posted on the wiki page. In the live sessions an additional 5 minutes will be given for questions.

Discussion sessions: Discussion sessions may be up to one hour long. These may begin with a presentation or introduction followed by discussion or may be completely devoted to open discussion.

The conference wiki page can be found here: https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/4th_Annual_Digital_Data_Conference,_Indiana_University

To register:

For those who would like to support the sustainability of in-person Digital Data Conferences, registration fees are $100.00 for professionals,  $50.00 for students.

Those who wish not to make a financial contribution to the conference may select the free option.

Registration is open - Click here to register through Eventbrite. Final registration deadline: May 22.

--

Gil Nelson PhD, Director

Integrated Digitized Biocollections (iDigBio)

Florida Museum of Natural History

University of Florida

FM_logo_horizontal_CMYK

Courtesy Professor