Hi Everyone,

I hope this message finds you healthy during the current crisis. We are working with ESA and monitoring the situation for the upcoming annual meeting. While we hope to see you all in November, there is a chance we will move the ECN meeting to a digital format. Please stay tuned to this list-serv for updates.

This year’s ECN meeting will be the same 1.5 day format right before the ESA meeting: Saturday, November 13 - Sunday, November 14 in Orlando, Florida. Registration for the meeting will open on Monday, May 25th and will close on October 31st.

Karen Wright and Oliver Keller are the program co-chairs for this year’s meeting. Currently, we have space for three 2-hour symposium blocks. Please contact both Karen & Oliver ([log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]) if you’d like to organize a symposium.

In addition to the 3 member symposia, we are also planning to have 3 submitted talk sessions and a poster session. If you would like to give a talk or present a poster at the meeting this year, please email Karen and Oliver with a title, brief abstract, and list of authors by July 1

Symposium organizers—your completed list of speakers, titles, and abstracts should be sent as soon as possible, but no later than July 1, 2020.

The draft program will be made viewable in PDF format on the ECN website beginning late May and will be updated bi-weekly throughout the talk/poster submission period. The final draft of the program will be available in PDF format by July 15, again on the ECN website. Talks should be prepared using MS PowerPoint (or similar software) and are generally 12-15 minutes in length depending on session, including time for questions. Posters should follow ESA size guidelines (46” x 46” max dimensions).

Submissions for cover art for the program are also welcome - please send ideas or images for consideration. Any further major announcements about symposia or conference status will come through the email distribution list and via our social media platforms.

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/entcollnet/) and Twitter (@EntCollNet).

Thanks so much and we look forward to hopefully seeing you all in November!

2019-2020 ECN Officers

Christopher C. Grinter
Collection Manager of Entomology
California Academy of Sciences