Thanks for posting this quote, Chris, and welcome to the Cather Community (more fans than scholars). I think the quote is from Cather’s novel The Song of the Lark. I notice you’re from Denver—when things return to something approaching normal, you should make a trip to Red Cloud, Nebraska, to see all the great Cather treasures there. At times, the gift shop has featured items with the quote. If you don’t check the postings on the Cather Foundation website (www.willacather.org) and/or its Facebook page, give them a look. I think you’d enjoy them.

Good wishes,

Steve Shively

From: 5 Bank Street: The Listserv for Willa Cather Scholars <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of CHRISTIANE CITRON
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] [5BANKSTREET] Willa Cather quoted today in Sierra Club's daily email "Daily Ray of Hope"

Hi everybody, I'm not a Cather scholar, but i have really enjoyed being on this list serv for years.

Here is something i thought you all would be interested in seeing.

This is from the Sierra Club's daily email "Daily Ray of Hope", and undoubtedly you will know where the Cather quotation below comes from, I don't.

sincerely,

Chris Citron

Denver, Colorado

Daily Ray of Hope

Getting too much email? Unsubscribe | Manage subscriptions

Daily Ray of Hope <[log in to unmask]>

Tue 5/5/2020 2:31 PM

American badger at the Merced National Wildlife Refuge in Merced County, California

There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm.

~ Willa Cather

Photo by Karole Erikson | Quivira National Wildlife Refuge in Kansas

For more information on this image, to view a larger version, and to leave a comment.

As we all deal with the global pandemic of COVID-19, we wanted to keep you updated on  how the Sierra Club is adapting and responding so we can keep doing the important work of protecting our natural and human environment and fighting for a just, clean energy future.

Subscribe to the Daily Ray of Hope: Receive a Ray of Hope every weekday in your inbox.

Want to see your photo in the Daily Ray of Hope: Submit your photo to our flickr group.