Thanks for the very helpful suggestions, Karen. Another of our local chapter members is now going to be exploring and organizing a virtual workshop sometime in the future. I have shared this information with her.

Betsy

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Karen Ackoff
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2020 9:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Virtual Workshops

Hi, Betsy,

There is no list that I am aware of.

However many of us are teaching remotely… so I would simply ask whomever you are interested in.

You might want to think about how to structure a workshop, and instead of a full day of contact… you might have a demo/discussion for, say, an hour or so. Then give people time to do an exercise, and meet sometime after that to review work. Rinse and repeat. There would need to be the ability of participants to show images of their work, and to have access to Zoom or comparable software (requiring audio and video).

For many of us, this is a relatively new way to approach things and we are feeling our way through. Others have a bit more online experience, and I would refer you previous SCI ART threads on this forum.

Karen