I have pair of Vortex and love mine

On Sun, May 31, 2020, 8:11 PM Valerie Hayes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I love my Pentax Papilios.

Valerie

On Sun, May 31, 2020, 6:08 PM Marlene Donnelly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks, Linda!
Marlene

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 5:06 PM Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Marlene. I have Swarovski 10x32 (I think they are the EL32 version, but may have to go look at them). (I had formerly used Swarovski Habicht SLC 10x42 WB for 25+ yrs, fabulous glass but became too heavy for the wrists).  I LOVE these new ones They say that the close focus on these should be 5 feet, but each person's eyes are different, mine focus on bugs at about 7 feet.  They are wonderful and light, and superb glass.

To compensate for my old binocs that did not focus closely, I got a set of Eagle Optics Ranger Platinum Class (about 10 yrs old now), 8x32 - they focus to 40", my shoelaces..  I used them for dragonflying. They are light weight. I take them to my bird class so students can stand back and yet see tiny details.

A friend of mine uses Vortex, which also makes great binocs. Her lenses focus closer than mine, and she got them for bugs and plants. I looked at the Vortex glasses when I shopped for my latest, but Ben and I have been so happy over the years with  Swarovskis, I just stuck with them.

Good luck with your search!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615