USDA Supervisory Entomologist, Rangeland Grasshopper and Mormon Cricket Management Team

Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A.

Check out my wife's neat Etsy store where you can buy all sorts of neat vinyl decals, especially cool insect ones: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtisticNatureStudio

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 6:18 PM Mike Ferro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Would be great to get some specimens...

Mike

On Tue, May 5, 2020, 7:30 PM Leblanc, Luc ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Our Mormon crickets are amateurs next to these. Nobody is alive anymore to recall the Rocky Mountain locust swarms. They were equally overwhelming.

Luc

From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Margaret Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Bulk] Re: Locusts

Wow, that's overwhelming - likely trillions of them on the wing now!? Thanks for sharing that.

Margaret

Margaret K. Thayer, Ph.D.  she/her
Curator Emerita and Lecturer (Committee on Evolutionary Biology)
Field Museum and University of Chicago
O: 312.665.7741 (direct)

Field Museum
1400 S. Lake Shore Drive