Neil - Paul Morris would definitely be the one to talk to on that. As far
as I can tell, our specimen records link to the agent table directly. Each
agent record has multiple names that we can use to locate the right agent
depending on variants. See below for a screenshot example from MCZbase. The
"preferred name" is what shows up for specimen records. "Author" names show
up with publications.

I wish we had a verbatim agent field, but like Crystal noted, we might have
a verbatim label transcription attribute or remark that captures that
information elsewhere.
[image: Screenshot (214).png]

--
Rachel L. Hawkins