Call for Papers
Annual Meeting of the Ludomusicology Study Group of the American
Musicological Society
AMS Minneapolis, 5-8 November, 2020
Submission Deadline: June 21, 2020

The AMS Ludomusicology Study Group will host a hybrid interactive poster
session and lightning talk panel at AMS/SMT Minneapolis 2020. All AMS or
SMT members, regardless of familiarity with (or previous research of) video
games, are welcome to submit and assist us in broadening the scope of game
music studies. This year, we are creating two mini sessions: a series of
lightning talks followed by a multimedia ‘poster’ session that can include
nontraditional-format presentations, posters, and other interactive
demonstrations.

Our focus this year is on female and non-binary [womxn] characters and
creators (to include composers, sound designers, visual designers,
narrative designers, etc.) We welcome proposals for 8-minute lightning
talks or multimedia ‘posters’ on topics including but not limited to:

Case studies of video game soundtracks composed or compiled by womxn artists
Analyses of representation of womxn characters or avatars in video games
Analyses of representation of womxn artists or creators in the video game
industry
Examinations of feminine features in video games, such as the female voice
In your submission, include your preference for a lightning talk or a
multimedia format, and your technological requirements. Please note that
assistance in providing specialized hardware or software beyond the usual
conference equipment is not guaranteed. If the conference is held online in
November, we will do everything we can to stream or otherwise share your
content.

Send submission proposals of 200 word abstracts (including proposals for
live sessions / posters) as Word docs or PDFs to gamemusicstudies -at-
gmail.com by June 21, 2020. In the body of the email, include your full
name as you wish it to appear in the program and your institutional
affiliation if applicable. Do not include identifying information in the
submission itself. The program committee will send out decisions by July 1,
2020.