https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/restore-old-brush-panel/td-p/9549755?page=1
I don’t know if this is what you are looking for.

FYI I’m running Photoshop 2019 (I run the version I teach) and I’m running Mojave. If you are more up to date than I am, someone else will need to chime in. I apologize if I’ve added to the confusion.

On Jun 23, 2020, at 8:35 AM, Taina Litwak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Karen,  When I go to Edit > Presets > Presets Manager I only see "contours" or "tools".  No brushes.   None of the preset tools options relate to brushes either.

Taina

Date:    Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:01:42 -0500
From:    Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Photoshop question

Edit > Presets > Presets Manager and click and drag. Shift-click to select more than one brush.

On Jun 22, 2020, at 10:26 AM, Taina Litwak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This is a dumb question, as I know I did it back in CS4-6.  Could someone remind me please how to reorder the brushes in the grid of options you see in "brush settings" (in PS CC)?  I kmnow how to add them, but not how to get the new ones up in the top row.

Thanks in advance-

Taina

--
Taina Litwak, CMI