I have Vortex binoculars 8 x 42 which are excellent for birding but not for close up.
I don't think you'll find good binoculars that will do both exceptionally well as the depth of field is not
meant for close up.

Dorie

Dorie Petrochko
Senior Instructor-Natural Science Illustration Program
Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
170 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
203-507-0356