Dorie,

Depends on what is meant by "close up."  We have two pairs of bins that focus within 10feet.  I'd mention these here if they were still available.  (A pair of the original Nikon E 7x35, and a Bausch and Lombe 7x26.)  There are many birding bins now that will focus that closely, because birders have desired that quality.   Even my Leica 10x42s will focus to 12 feet.  I'm not sure there are too many bins that will focus inside of six feet as Marlene wants.

The depth of field is largely dependent on the focal length of the objective lenses.  The ability to focus closely is a design issue, and was often not a quality of bins until there were a huge number of birders wanting same.

Bruce