From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Deborah Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Help figure out if it scam or real sale

Stephanie,
Definitely sounds like a scam to me. A good resource is Kathleen McMahon’s page about art scams. You can find it at:  http://www.kathleenmcmahon.com/info/scammer-names.html  She also has a blog at: http://stopartscams.blogspot.com/ and she compiles lists and emails to warn others. Instructions for sending your possible scam contribution to her is at the bottom of the first link.

I’m sure there are other resources tracking these as well, but this one has all the hallmarks.

Sorry!!

:-(

Deb

Deborah B Shaw