The Nineteenth-Century Studies Association's Graduate Caucus is excited to announce a new resource for graduate students!

Recognizing that many graduate students are currently feeling isolated from their scholarly communities and that NCSA connects scholars of different disciplines and interests, the Grad Caucus is launching Scholars in Progress: A Seminar Series, or SiP for short.
This online seminar series will give graduate students a chance to share and get feedback on their work related to the nineteenth century and will also provide a space for us to hear from established scholars regarding what they wish they had known in graduate school and what advice they have for current graduate students.

Our goal is to also sustain this series even after this crisis has passed to continue to build bridges between disciplines, universities, and individual scholars. As our acronym suggests, we invite participants to “sip” their favorite beverages as we engage in professional, collegial conversation.

Graduate students of all stages in their programs are invited to participate and submit work.
It is our hope that participants will join a zoom room regularly, but there will be no attendance requirements. Membership in NCSA is highly recommended to participate in SiP.

We hope to launch this fall. For more details, visit the Graduate Caucus webpage: https://ncsaweb.net/graduate-students/

We are looking for graduate students and potential mentors! If you are interested in learning more, joining us, or providing a paper during this upcoming year, please complete this google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdKet8yWn9HoojItTqzr6g87dedvprb7QjNim5ApB_oBa2r9g/viewform