Unto the Populace of Mag Mor comes greetings and opinions from the Dread
Baroness of the West (tm), Vasilla Krasnaia.

While I have been unable to attend Cattle Raids the last couple of years
due to modern obligations, I would like to put my "vote" in on the matter
of hosting such this year.  I believe it would be unconscionable to hold an
event until such time as the CDC has given a green light for these types of
gatherings.  The trajectory of COVID cases indicates that this will not
happen anytime soon.  And, I anticipate a spike in Lincoln about the time
Cattle Raids would be held due to the return of college students to UNL.

As a side note, an August event at Ravensborg Long Fort has already been
cancelled and there are no cases of COVID in that county as of yet.  We
don't want to invite the virus to that area by bringing folks from infected
counties into the community.

In order to honor and cherish our beloved SCA friends and family, let's do
the right thing and cancel this year's Cattle Raids.

Wear masks, keep your distance, and wash your hands, my friends!!  We will
be together again in time.  For now, we must practice patience.

In humble service,
Vasilla