All good points, Britt. And thanks for the tips about working with PICT files. I need to see if I can find one to play with now. When I send files to clients, I usually zip them - something I’ve gotten used to, working in a PC environment.

That said, I had a student turn in a zipped file I could not open. Not even with an archiving utility I use. I tried using Terminal and followed various suggestions I found online. As a last resort, I decided to remove the “zip” extension and lo and behold, I could access everything. Apparently the student just renamed it using the zip extension. Now mind you I had demonstrated making zip archives numerous times and had posted a how-to online. And this happened towards the end of the semester, when presumably the student should have known better.

Sometime I’ll tell you how a student turned all her pages cyan in InDesign without making any background shapes.

Sent from my iPhone