Hi everyone!
I hope people are doing okay, despite everything.
Wishing you well from Hoboken, NJ.

I am looking for advice on a home scanner. For many years, we have gotten along with Epson. I currently have the Epson Perfection V550 Photo, which is probably 4 years old.
The older model did a fine job on a couple of large book projects (I'm doing watercolor with colored pencil and a little ink).

This scanner had no detail in the light areas- awful! So I had my husband scan them on his identical model at work- his had no detail in the dark areas.
I ended up combining two scans for each illustration- well over 100 of them. It was labor-intensive and frustrating, but worked out.

I am now starting illustrations for a new project, and I think it's time to get an upgrade.
Of course, I'd like to get something economical.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.
Take care and have a great rest of your week!
marni