The Musicology at Kalamazoo Program Committee invites contributions for a
roundtable on Medieval Music and Inclusive Pedagogy:
Interrogating Homogeny & Exclusion in the Teaching, Scholarship, and
Cultural Stewardship of Medieval Musics

Organizers: Gillian Gower, Lucia Marchi, Luisa Nardini
Respondent: Catherine Adoyo

This panel invites scholars to contribute to developing a theoretical
framework for interrogating the parameters of Homogeny and Exclusion in the
context of medieval music.

How does “Cultural Homogeny” undergird “Cultural Hegemony”? What role do
Diversity and Inclusion initiatives play in establishing and articulating
culturally cosmopolitan conceptions of intellectual, cultural, and
aesthetic authority in the scholarship and teaching of medieval music? Do
“Diversity and Inclusion” initiatives truly challenge the “Homogeny and
Exclusion” that constitute intrinsically unjust and axiomatically accepted
systems of authority that they are implicitly intended to address?

To read the full CFP, please visit the following URL:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__musicologykzoo.wixsite.com_home_post_call-2Dfor-2Dcontributions-2Dmedieval-2Dmusic-2Dand-2Dinclusive-2Dpedagogy-2Da-2Droundtable-2Dat-2Dkalamazoo-2D2021&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=T9YkG_I3zmq0PFathCumVlzIeGi5XBPGVv-ru49yZrY&s=gwUE3r7gaI-OAqRu2OsVvT2D0hLENmTPhH880iIKFpc&e=

Contributions should be around 10 minutes long and may address any aspect
of the questions and issues raised above in the form of case studies and/or
theoretical speculations.

Please upload a 250-word proposal to the ICMS Kalamazoo conference website
at the following URL: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wmich.edu_medievalcongress_submissions-23papers&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=T9YkG_I3zmq0PFathCumVlzIeGi5XBPGVv-ru49yZrY&s=zEkT_GfrHw_e93MLby9dwqR4BQNYCNAq3Bs7IYR_1FI&e=
Be sure to choose the session “Music and Inclusive Pedagogy (A
Roundtable).”

Proposals not accepted to the Musicology at Kalamazoo session will be
automatically forwarded to the ICMS for consideration for general sessions.

The deadline for submissions is September 15, 2020. Informal inquiries and
questions may be sent to the session organizers at musicology.kzoo -at-
gmail.com.