Hi, All,I came across this article this morning and thought many of you would enjoy it.The Science and Splendor of Australian Butterflies: How Two 19th-Century Teenage Sisters’ Forgotten Paintings Sparked a Triumph of Modern Conservation

|  |  |

|  |
The Science and Splendor of Australian Butterflies: How Two 19th-Century...

Maria Popova

A bittersweet story of staggering talent, obsessive curiosity, countercultural courage, and posthumous redemption.

All Bests,Stoney

Stoney Compton
Please check out my website and browse my books!https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.stoneycompton.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=tBtPEkRAW9HDS8A7vIbFfjoCUnpoZvxOhJiOYNczWxw&s=hX04HusPA77T2VcvizhPF-K7SHtJGMkTsTshGzFS8sc&e=

History is a novel whose author is the people. -Alfred de Vigny, poet, playwright, and novelist (27 Mar 1797-1863)

The more I think it over, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. -Vincent van Gogh, painter (30 Mar 1853-1890)

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people. -John F. Kennedy, 35th US president (29 May 1917-1963)