Hi Kathy,

I’m less familiar with Photoshop, though I know that in Illustrator you can create strokes on top of strokes (in the Appearances panel, you can add additional strokes and specify the width, etc., such as to create a thinner white stroke on top of a thicker green stroke). Then you can “expand” the object later if you want fills instead of strokes. Vector objects in Illustrator can be exported to Photoshop and used as selections for painting.

In Photoshop maybe you could do something similar if you stroke a path with a wider color, and then stroke it again with a thinner color?

Please let us know how it goes!  🌱

Cheers,

Fiona

Fiona Martin

Creative Director

Science Illustrator and Designer
Visualizing Science

+1(480)414-0301

Facebook | Twitter | MedIllSB | Linked In