Below is a message from Robert McMaster.

****

I think Michael Keany’s observations are spot-on.  Many thanks for making them, Michael.  You write eloquently for many of us, I think.

Obviously this is very sad news.  A dark day in dark times.  John was a lovely person, full of fun, as well as a fine scholar.  I have many happy memories of him (and Fred Lee – a fine double act) on visits to UMKC and US conferences.  I’ll miss his wisdom and sense of fun.

Take care.

All the best,

Robert

--

Robert McMaster

Adam Smith Business School

University of Glasgow

University Avenue,

Glasgow G12 8QQ

T: +44 (0)141 330 2285

E: [log in to unmask]

W: www.glasgow.ac.uk/business

Follow us on FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTubeLinkedIn and Weibo