Dear colleagues,

This is a final reminder that abstract submissions for the edited
collection Key Terms in Music Theory for Anti-Racist Scholars: Epistemic
Disavowals, Reimagined Formalisms are due September 30. The volume takes up
an anti-racist reimagining of the field of music theory by exploring the
ontologies and epistemologies produced by musical formalisms and how these
interact with constructions of race, the human, the listening subject, and
the natural world. The full CFP can be read here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tinyurl.com_y3u86cyk&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=S0W-kp1H3QyR89G8wIA9o909eUV6diDdIgcrbLRs0Sk&s=fadu_cA3i4K-v7m1s0Y6LC1i7NZLvjtG1Dtq2CqLDQM&e=

*Please note: While the CFP reflects our desire that this volume critically
investigate the histories of the terms that are predominantly utilized in
the field of music theory at present, we have decided to expand the purview
of the book to include entries that explore the terminologies associated
with musical practices other than Western art music. Situating these two
entry formats alongside one another will allow our book to consider how
music theory might move towards an anti-racist praxis of cross-cultural
engagement by doing justice to other musical ontologies in music analysis.
Therefore, in addition to the submissions targeted in the CFP, we welcome
submissions from scholars with specialties outside the German art music
tradition that speculate about the ethical and philosophical implications
of redrawing institutional music theory around music-theoretical
vocabularies from other repertoires.

Best wishes,

Tatiana Koike
PhD Student in Music Theory, Yale University
tatiana.koike -at- yale.edu