The Graduate Association of Musicologists und Theorists (GAMuT) at the
University of North Texas is pleased to announce its 8th Annual GAMuT
Graduate Student Conference to be held remotely on Saturday, February 6,
2021 via Zoom. We are excited to welcome Professor Olivia Bloechl
(University of Pittsburgh), this year’s keynote speaker with a presentation
on global music historiography.

We invite graduate students to submit paper proposals on any topic related
to the fields of musicology, music theory, or ethnomusicology.
Interdisciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged. Papers will be
twenty minutes in length followed by a ten-minute question and answer
period. All papers accepted for presentation will be eligible for the
conference paper award.

Proposals of no more than 500 words with up to 4 pages of examples should
be submitted as a single PDF file to Rachel Gain (rachelgain -at- my.unt.edu)
with a cover letter written in the body of the email that provides the
title of the paper as well as the author's name, institutional affiliation,
email address, and telephone number. Submissions will be reviewed
anonymously, so please remove identifying information from the abstract
itself.

This second call for papers reflects the new virtual format of our
conference. Presentations will be given online via Zoom. Presenters will
have the option to present their work either synchronously or
asynchronously.

The University of North Texas is located in Denton approximately
twenty-five miles north of DFW International Airport. To learn more about
our College of Music, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__music.unt.edu&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=wOecB5Dzvf470tlu8TrN92Stwg7ARQoOGbq4TR9DFdY&s=MUkpEE8USAKxwC6AETkfSe5Uoaa3W_Izc6IgD7xsSTk&e= . For more information
about the conference, including local arrangements, visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mhte.music.unt.edu_gamut-23conference&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=wOecB5Dzvf470tlu8TrN92Stwg7ARQoOGbq4TR9DFdY&s=lV70WvgrHJPgYaB_RGqEGPsNFDqc6aDHtvFgP6sWR6g&e= . This website will be updated
with new information as it becomes available, including a full schedule,
abstracts, and local arrangements.

Please email all inquiries to conference co-chair rachelgain -at- my.unt.edu
.
All materials must be received on or before October 15, 2020, 5pm CST.
Decisions will be returned by November 1, 2020.