The Graduate Association of Musicologists und Theorists (GAMuT) at the University of North Texas is pleased to announce its 8th Annual GAMuT Graduate Student Conference to be held remotely on Saturday, February 6, 2021 via Zoom. We are excited to welcome Professor Olivia Bloechl (University of Pittsburgh), this year’s keynote speaker with a presentation on global music historiography.

We invite graduate students to submit paper proposals on any topic related to the fields of musicology, music theory, or ethnomusicology. Interdisciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged. Papers will be twenty minutes in length followed by a ten-minute question and answer period. All papers accepted for presentation will be eligible for the conference paper award.

Proposals of no more than 500 words with up to 4 pages of examples should be submitted as a single PDF file to Rachel Gain (rachelgain -at- my.unt.edu) with a cover letter written in the body of the email that provides the title of the paper as well as the author's name, institutional affiliation, email address, and telephone number. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously, so please remove identifying information from the abstract itself.

This second call for papers reflects the new virtual format of our conference. Presentations will be given online via Zoom. Presenters will have the option to present their work either synchronously or asynchronously.

The University of North Texas is located in Denton approximately twenty-five miles north of DFW International Airport. To learn more about our College of Music, visit http://music.unt.edu. For more information about the conference, including local arrangements, visit https://mhte.music.unt.edu/gamut#conference. This website will be updated with new information as it becomes available, including a full schedule, abstracts, and local arrangements.

Please email all inquiries to conference co-chair rachelgain -at- my.unt.edu.
All materials must be received on or before October 15, 2020, 5pm CST. Decisions will be returned by November 1, 2020.