The Midwest Chapter of the American Musicological Society invites you to attend its Fall meeting online, Saturday and Sunday, September 26–27.

The meeting's keynote panel, “Musicology and Antiracism,” features Naomi André (University of Michigan), Johann Buis (Wheaton College), Maya Gibson (University of Missouri), and Nathan Platte (AMS Midwest President, University of Iowa). We hope that this event will provide a space for reflecting on our field, acknowledging vulnerabilities, and envisioning changes that will benefit students and colleagues. Some of the keynote session will include discussion around two widely circulated articles. See the meeting webpage for further details.

Please find the complete conference program, abstracts, and instructions for joining the virtual meeting via Zoom at the meeting webpage:
https://sites.google.com/site/amsmidwest/chapter-meetings/fall-2020-meeting.

Conference registration is free, so please invite others. We look forward to seeing you at our second virtual conference!

Sincerely,
AMS-Midwest chapter officers:

Nathan Platte, president
Alison DeSimone, treasurer