The Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics in Frankfurt, Germany,
investigates the attentional, cognitive, and affective mechanisms of
aesthetic perception and evaluation. The Institute currently has a vacancy
for a Researcher (PhD Candidate) in the Department of Music.

The PhD candidate will work on a research project related to the behavioral
and neural foundations of aesthetic experiences, together with principal
investigators Dr. Elke Lange and Dr. Lauren Fink.

The researcher will assist with several projects related to music and eye
tracking, investigating a) which auditory features and cognitive states
influence eye movement dynamics, and b) whether specific patterns of ocular
activity can be used to predict listeners’ aesthetic evaluation of music.
The studies will be designed as a series of laboratory experiments using an
Eye Link 1000 tracker. It is also conceivable that eye movement activity
data recorded in the lab may be compared with mobile eye-tracking data
collected in the concert hall. In many of the planned investigations, the
researcher will take primary responsibility for implementing the
experiments and analyzing the respective data. Therefore, we are seeking a
highly self-motivated individual who has sufficient knowledge of a computer
programming language.

For more details, please visit:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.aesthetics.mpg.de_en_career_jobs_researcher-2Dphd-2Dcandidate.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=VOGg4kliZKs3eeahXKcB3sLpE27edy1dfKc3uvWqKTs&s=Q5XejOXsZOyRQgkHEBt_3p84n5aWppQ5g9RBNegQ_wg&e=