The Department of Musicology at Uppsala University hereby announces two fully paid 4-year doctoral positions in Musicology.

At the Department of Musicology, we study and teach music from different periods and cultures from historical, aesthetic and cultural perspectives. The research profile and expertise at the department has had a certain focus on Swedish and European music history, but we welcome applicants from all areas of musicology. We have an international profile and welcome applicants with a degree and experience from academic milieus outside Sweden.

Doctoral studies extend over a 4-year period during which the PhD student will receive a salary as an employee at the department. Local salary rules will apply. Doctoral students are expected to engage in full-time study and research, and participate actively in the department’s seminar and other activities.

Further information can be found here: https://www.uu.se//en/about-uu/join-us/details?positionId=340984