Taina,
If you are ZOOM-ing you just use the "share screen" feature. Whatever you have on your screen or you can select a specific window to share. It will be visible -- you are not having to deal with live streaming or video compression. If your computer can play the video you have created  you can share it while providing live commentary.  Also ZOOM will record the entire presentation. If you have a free version you will be limited on your ZOOM session time.  Make sure you are able to do a full 4 hour session. Hope that helps.
Good luck!Deb
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:02 PM, Gretchen<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   Hi Taina,

One option is to record in QT, edit in iMovie or something similar, save at 1080, then upload to Vimeo, or someplace similar. You can then play the recording for your students without having the full, uncompressed version taking up your hard drive space.

You could also save your movies to an external drive.

My recordings are generally 2 hours, but I took a 3-hour painting class that was recorded in Zoom and the playback on YouTube was pretty good.

Best,
Gretchen

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gretchenhalpert.com&d=DwIFAg&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=PlFG1cynxCZ1d5S4lsYGyLC7F6eZqw73MTTKcT9sBhY&s=yu8k5m-Gsny5Z5AAoMIHpq5RTsxXHNcWSq2jJ4ZVQpI&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gretchenhalpert-2Ddistanceprogram.com&d=DwIFAg&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=PlFG1cynxCZ1d5S4lsYGyLC7F6eZqw73MTTKcT9sBhY&s=8KuUuIMk9WEsbiXRfi6fN2GidRhJZTpVuEBukQV7tJQ&e=

> On Oct 14, 2020, at 2:46 PM, Taina Litwak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hi all, I know several of our members have made process films, and I need advise.  I now know how to record a Photoshop session.  I have old OS, so have to use Quick time for it. No problem, but:
>
> I want to essentially record a full 4 hours (or so) process and then edit it some and eventually use it for teaching and run it at a faster speed, and talk live over it in a zoom workshop.  Hillary Wilson did this for a talk she gave during the AMI annual meeting Webinar series last month.  Her photoshop painting skills are breathtaking and it was amazing - and a very effective way to teach.  I made a c. 4 minute recording, and QT saved it as 800 MG, so 4 hours will be unmanageably huge. I did a re-save at 1080 ppi and it dropped to less than 400 MG, but still - seems too big.  The 2 lower quality file save options were too low res. to be useful.
>
> Any ideas how these are done?
>
> Taina
>
> --
> Taina Litwak, CMI
> Litwak Illustration Studio
> 13029 Chestnut Oak Drive
> Darnestown, MD 20878
>
> office: 202-633-4561
> mobile: 240-750-9245
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__agresearchmag.ars.usda.gov_2014_sep_insect_&d=DwICaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=gKbaUaTf9JRXhv0GBzodkZNim3-tDWM05GVkFWj2EIQ&s=v3HWqPHk_PHhiqyWgcASwLb_eY5Bl97XoAiOS-1l2hw&e=
>
> Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFAg&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=PlFG1cynxCZ1d5S4lsYGyLC7F6eZqw73MTTKcT9sBhY&s=wL7Sk3vEphrwdKZorI-0oGhvITrjaJDzZoftNzSApK4&e=
>
> List name is Sciart-L

Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=BQ6YLB9FTMP7GrkyFN6RKH6bk1cFNGPPNfiwxWEmQ5M&s=2fjkBwjEqzJBy2qAq0P2cHoRwRhutMzq1h9mr7BamBQ&e=

List name is Sciart-L