Abstract submission deadline: December 31st at 11:59 p.m. CDT
Date of Notification: January 31st, 2021
Conference Date: (virtual) March 26–27, 2021
Keynote Speaker: Dr. A.D. Carson

Midwest Music Research Collective (MMRC) is pleased to announce our 3rd
annual conference via video conferencing software on March 26–27, 2021 held
conjunctly with Musicians for an Anti-Racist College (KUMARC). A keynote
address will be given by Dr. A.D. Carson from University of Virginia (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aydeethegreat.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=AVKEFP-qGu9hSvVv0n1wG-79mO1BSpKDEsguXOndoyw&s=tA3TjoD46jQhrlbYUY6kVfWzl8TrU4NSISnFtm3h4Ms&e= ).

MMRC would like to extend an invitation to graduate students from any
discipline whose research deals with music to submit proposals for paper
presentations.

MMRC and KUMARC want to uplift topics from the margins of music. This can
take the form of researchers that are often marginalized within their
field, research on topics that are outside of the canon, or both.

For more information (and updates) please visit the MMRC website and
Facebook page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mmrc64.wixsite.com_mmrc&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=AVKEFP-qGu9hSvVv0n1wG-79mO1BSpKDEsguXOndoyw&s=O8bXNbZ73ZoEGLv7BjrKv1cyLcA0iJ5o0Pyi6a24sGU&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_pg_Midwest-2DMusic-2DResearch-2DCollective-2D186939495198066_about_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=AVKEFP-qGu9hSvVv0n1wG-79mO1BSpKDEsguXOndoyw&s=boS9soQOdUDIBAJVRqJ8jjo8LAJk5qC6pA5i9zp6fxU&e=

Abstract Submission Details:

Applicants should send a 200-350 word abstract to the program committee
chair, TJ Laws-Nicola, via .doc or .pdf attachment to tjln -at- ku.edu . We
will also accept abstracts in the body of the email if you do not possess
the technology to create a document in the aforementioned file types. All
submissions will be anonymized prior to selection for the conference.

Submissions will be accepted until December 31st, 11:59 PM CDT. All
applicants will be notified of the program committee’s decision via email
by the end of January.

You should send your submission via the email address you wish to use for
conference communications; please make sure that you sign your submission
(the attachment or the email itself) with your full name as you would like
to be addressed and display your preferred pronouns.