The International Association for the Study of Popular Music-US invites
proposals for its 2021 annual conference. In recognition of these
extraordinary times, and continuing public health concerns and struggles
for social and racial justice that we face, this meeting will take place
virtually on May 19-22, 2021. We encourage proposals that speak to the
specific challenges of this moment, but more broadly welcome proposals for
individual papers and panels (up to four individuals) on any aspect of
popular music.

Papers will be 10-15 minutes in length and uploaded a month prior to the
conference for asynchronous viewing. We ask that a written copy of the
paper be uploaded for captioning and accessibility. Panels will emphasize
dialogue and exchange.

Please submit proposals in Word or PDF format to iaspmus2020 -at- gmail.com
with “last name, first name” in the subject line no later than midnight
December 4, 2020. Individual submissions should include a paper title, the
presenter’s name, contact information and a 250-word abstract that
identifies the methodology, states the paper’s goals, summarizes the
argument and a brief conclusion. Organized panels should include a 250-word
description of the panel’s rationale and goals, and a 250-word abstract for
each individual paper. Roundtables, moderated conversations with 4 – 6
participants, require a single 250 word abstract and a list of roundtable
members, and should designate one person as the panel chair. Abstracts not
adhering to the word count will not be considered.

For more information, visit:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__iaspm-2Dus.net_2021-2Dconference-2Dcall-2Dfor-2Dpapers_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=UCwzigW5ebvfbruwA1juI_dHCVW9frNBVX35WMZSqoU&s=_hMlfC3tYwU6tFoBTHgEU95-iU-veSmz8flhUD9YgnQ&e=