The International Association for the Study of Popular Music-US invites proposals for its 2021 annual conference. In recognition of these extraordinary times, and continuing public health concerns and struggles for social and racial justice that we face, this meeting will take place virtually on May 19-22, 2021. We encourage proposals that speak to the specific challenges of this moment, but more broadly welcome proposals for individual papers and panels (up to four individuals) on any aspect of popular music.

Papers will be 10-15 minutes in length and uploaded a month prior to the conference for asynchronous viewing. We ask that a written copy of the paper be uploaded for captioning and accessibility. Panels will emphasize dialogue and exchange.

Please submit proposals in Word or PDF format to iaspmus2020 -at- gmail.com with “last name, first name” in the subject line no later than midnight December 4, 2020. Individual submissions should include a paper title, the presenter’s name, contact information and a 250-word abstract that identifies the methodology, states the paper’s goals, summarizes the argument and a brief conclusion. Organized panels should include a 250-word description of the panel’s rationale and goals, and a 250-word abstract for each individual paper. Roundtables, moderated conversations with 4 – 6 participants, require a single 250 word abstract and a list of roundtable members, and should designate one person as the panel chair. Abstracts not adhering to the word count will not be considered.

For more information, visit: http://iaspm-us.net/2021-conference-call-for-papers/