I discovered that the line tool in the most recent ps cc update has changed completely—all these many years, we were able to set the line tool to ‘pixels’, and simply draw a line—but now that capability is no more—one can only use the ‘shape’ function for the line tool.  It is totally counter intuitive, and frustrating as hell.  Making a simple line with the LINE tool has become a multi step process.  I have registered my displeasure with Adobe, and have gone back to the previous version until they fix this.  I have no idea what they are thinking, but this is one big fat blunder, as far as I’m concerned!