I have had several laptops crash from overheating. A lot of the online video tools (Teams, Zoom, OBS, etc.) start my laptop fans running. For a quick remedy, I put an ice pack under the laptop.

Britt

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Deborah Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, November 6, 2020 at 3:13 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [SCIART] Catalina headaches

I feel everyone’s pain — I thought it was just me. Wacom tablet (old, I’ll confess) is not playing well with new system. Fan on laptop seems to go overtime when using a lot of programs. Sounds like the computer is going to take off. Especially with Creative Cloud. Even so, the keyboard and laptop gets really hot.

Also in Photoshop, the keyboard commands occasionally, (NOT consistently), start going completely wonky. For example “deselect” (command-D) will suddenly start making my dock disappear and reappear on the desktop, but have no effect in Photoshop, even though I’m still in Photoshop. Seems completely arbitrary with a number of commands.

Having Word open for any amount of time seems to make things start freezing and crashing.

I’ve traced most of my problems to Creative Cloud, Word (not Excel or PowerPoint), and the Wacom Tablet.

I think we are once again being free Beta testers for all these programs. And/or my computer is trying to gaslight me. In any event, I do NOT need this added frustration right about now.

Deb

Deborah B Shaw
dbShaw Studios

cell: 949.887.3465