Longy School of Music of Bard College seeks applications for an artist-teacher of double bass who is capable of teaching jazz/improvisation and classical music at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Date of appointment: Fall 2021
• Actively recruit high level undergraduate- and graduate-level double bass students to Longy
• Provide weekly, hour-long private lessons to undergraduate- and graduate-level pre-professional musicians
• Teach a variety of styles and approaches to contemporary bass playing that prepares students for a changing music world, including classical, new music and jazz/improvisational repertoires and techniques
• Attend and provide professional feedback on undergraduate and graduate student admission auditions, student juries, dress rehearsals, and recitals
• Provide recommendations and support to students seeking to pursue graduate or doctoral study
• Counsel students on performance and teaching job opportunities and summer programs post-graduation
• Creatively incorporate elements of the Longy mission, "to prepare musicians to make a difference in the world," into private lesson delivery
• Participate in large school events including new student orientation, commencement, full faculty meetings, and departmental meetings
• Enthusiastically take steps to raise the profile of the Longy School and its Strings and Jazz & Contemporary Music departments
• Evaluate and grade the performance of your private lesson students, according to the grading standards of the Longy School
• Provide ongoing assessment of student progress and development and take steps to accommodate the needs of students with individual learning styles
Qualified candidates will possess an outstanding record as a bassist and teacher, with a strong national or international reputation. An advanced degree in bass performance or demonstrated equivalent is required. Candidates with a minimum of three years of teaching in higher education are preferred.
The Longy School of Music of Bard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or age. The Longy School of Music of Bard College values the diversity of its community.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/yg8MeQHMlJq2TyBVFGaVB