The Faculty of Music at the University of Cambridge wishes to appoint a University Lecturer in Music in Contemporary Societies, starting on 1 September 2021. Salary: £41,526 - £52,559. https://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/27988/

Holding a PhD in Music or a related discipline and with a record of, or clear potential for, outstanding research, you will be a scholar focusing-individually or in combination-on popular, art and traditional music cultures as they are produced, debated, and experienced today. Your work will complement that of an expanding and interdisciplinary research cluster within the Faculty, made up of colleagues working in sound studies, ethnomusicology, popular music, jazz, and global histories of music-including post- and decolonial approaches.

You will teach on new courses within a revised undergraduate degree at Cambridge. While these will require expertise in popular music studies, your precise disciplinary area, geographical focus, or research methodology are less important than your general breadth of vision.

We support and encourage under-represented groups and we value diversity. We welcome applications from individuals with disabilities. Our recruitment and selection procedures follow best practice. The University has an Equal Opportunities Policy, along with a range of diversity networks for women, black and minority ethnic and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff. More details are available at http://www.equality.admin.cam.ac.uk/.

Further information about the Faculty of Music is available at www.mus.cam.ac.uk.

In order for your application to be considered, please upload to the application system:
* a covering letter;
* a curriculum vitae including a list of publications, and areas of teaching competence;
* a statement of research interests and future research plans (up to 500 words);
* at least one sample of recent work (not exceeding 20,000 words in total);
* contact details for three referees which will be requested at the long-listing stage.

Informal inquiries are welcomed and should be directed to Professor Katharine Ellis (chair -at- mus.cam.ac.uk ). For queries regarding the application process please contact Ruth Farley, HR Coordinator (musichr -at- admin.cam.ac.uk ).

Deadline for applications: midnight (GMT), Thursday 04 February 2021