“But will they pass the exam?”—A Conversation about Graduate Entrance and Placement Exams in Musicology

Some Music programs have revised the content and structure of their undergraduate curricula. One of the objections raised to these changes regards the placement tests that some graduate programs give to entering students: "But how will they pass their grad school entrance exams?" This objection functions as a call to disciplinary and pedagogical reflection. What knowledge, attitudes, and skills should we cultivate in our undergraduates, and how can graduate programs fairly assess incoming students? Please join us for a conversation about graduate placement exams in musicology, and how these relate to our changing undergraduate curricula.

Friday December 18, 2 pm EST, Zoom link below.

Samuel Dorf
Louis Epstein
Danielle Fosler-Lussier

Topic: Graduate Entrance Exams
Time: Dec 18, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/92014814488?pwd=L1dOSDFjMU1zZW40K2QzaGxlZGZtZz09

Meeting ID: 920 1481 4488
Password: 674004
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,92014814488#,,,,0#,,674004# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,92014814488#,,,,0#,,674004# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)