Dear all,

We would like to invite you to join our Sound Instruments and Sonic Cultures interdisciplinary conference: a FREE five-day programme of papers, panels and performances from academics and practitioners situated globally, alongside keynote speakers Mara Mills ('Everything is a filter’? A Cultural History of the Electrical Filter) and Trevor Pinch (In the Moog: Psychedelic Tingles and Timbres). The conference is taking place online between MONDAY 14 DECEMBER and FRIDAY 18 DECEMBER 2020. Sound Instruments and Sonic Cultures is organised by the White Rose College of Arts and Humanities (WRoCAH) Electronic Soundscapes cohort (a network of PhD researchers and academics from the Universities of Leeds, Sheffield, and York, UK) and is hosted by the National Science And Media Museum, Bradford.

A full programme and list of abstracts and biographies for speakers is available on our website (times are UTC):
https://www.scienceandmediamuseum.org.uk/sound-instruments-and-sonic-cultures-interdisciplinary-conference

The conference is free to attend via Crowdcast and all are welcome. Instructions on how to register and attend are on the website.

Video-recordings of the conference sessions will be available to view for a limited time via the Crowdcast page - registration will also be required to view them.

If you have any questions regarding the conference and the programme, please email soniccultures -at- gmail.com. Please feel free to forward this event invite to others who may be interested in joining.

Many thanks: we hope to see you at the conference (and please remember to follow and engage with us using #SISC2020).

The SISC team
soniccultures -at- gmail.com
#SISC2020