The Longy School of Music of Bard College is seeking applications for an artist-teacher of composition who also has experience teaching composition and theory courses. Candidates should have the interest and demonstrated ability to recruit and develop an active studio in the school’s Conservatory.
Date of appointment: Fall 2021
• Enthusiastically recruit high level undergraduate- and graduate-level composition students to Longy
• Have experience teaching composition, analysis, and aural skills to a diverse student community.
• Provide weekly, hour-long private lessons to undergraduate- and graduate-level pre-professional musicians
• Provide recommendations and support to students seeking to pursue graduate or doctoral study
• Counsel students on performance and teaching job opportunities and summer programs post-graduation
• Participate in large school events including new student orientation, commencement, full faculty meetings, and departmental meetings
• Evaluate and grade the performance of your students according to the grading standards of the Longy Conservatory
• Provide ongoing assessment of student progress and development and take steps to accommodate the needs of students with individual learning styles
• Provide curricular recommendations to conservatory advisors about failing students
Qualified candidates will possess an outstanding record as a composer and teacher, with a strong national or international reputation. An advanced degree in composition demonstrated equivalent is required. Candidates with a minimum of three years of teaching in higher education are preferred.
Interested candidates complete online application via ADP, should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and phone numbers of three references addressed to Jeremy Van Buskirk, Assistant Dean.
The Longy School of Music of Bard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or age. The Longy School of Music of Bard College values the diversity of its community.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DobL25fRAMK1C2DRuqZY1