Non-NU Email
Thanks, Britt, Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 31, 2020, at 10:24 PM, Griswold, Britt (GSFC-279.0)[LUSA Associates] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Non-NU Email

APFS is the newer standard.

Britt

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 2:38 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [SCIART] formatting a drive for Mac

Non-NU Email

Hi! Happy New Year to everyone! Here's hoping for a better year.

I just upgraded to Big Sur OS on my iMac. I have a new 5 TB Seagate drive that I want to format; it will be used to store data (mostly images) from old disks that the newer Mac OS won't read (I will transfer the data using our older laptop, then copy to the new drive -- that's the plan anyway). Whatever I end up doing with the new drive, I need to format it.

What format should I use:

Mac OS Extended (Journaled) - HFS+   or   APFS?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

-Gail

--
Gail Guth