Non-NU Email

John and all,

thanks for providing this important feedback so swiftly. My two cents:

*	In all, this looks like a really good attendance, as compared with
earlier in-person conferences! Particularly as we could not predict whether
an online conference would bring in more or less attendance.

*	On discussants: Yes, please care for a flexible scheme in the
future. This time, I found that attendants were active enough in most
sessions to launch and keep going very good discussions, and usually we did
not have enough time to discuss everything, or even put all questions.

*	On Q&A and hand raise options: This leads to the technical settings
that ASSA apparently had purchased from Zoom, the webinar package: The Q&A
function messed up mostly with the hand-raise function. The Q&A alone does
not work nicely, as you do not have the time to write down your entire
question (and then have it read out by the chair). During the conference,
chairs learned to switch on the hand raising option, which was an
improvement.

*	On the chat function: It was generally disabled for the attendants,
which was particularly unfortunate, as usually you can contact individuals
with this option, rather than boring everybody with your comments or
questions addressed to on presenter only. Also, very important to keep the
function active up to 10 minutes after the session ends. Occasionally, I was
still writing things (in Q&A, but applies to chat as well), while the
session was closed, and my question thus was off.

*	On attendants lists: Contacting individuals in the session requires,
in turn, that the function of seeing all attendants' names will be bought as
well by ASSA in the future. I consider this particularly important as it
increases interaction.

In all, our feedback to ASSA should be to purchase/bargain some "webinar
plus" package from zoom in the future.

I am writing all this as we cannot be sure what the future brings. I do
expect that the future will bring some hybrid online-offline forms of
conferences.

Was great seeing you all again.

Best wishes,

Wolfram.