Non-NU Email

Greetings everyone,

Please find attached two documents.

  1. Comments regarding my questions regarding the lack of discussants. The comments are anonymous. Most seemed fine with dropping the discussants but a number of people preferred them. Most of our sessions had 5-6 people so discussants would have left little time for questions. Several commented on the need to appeal to more, younger members. This, of course, is a major concern for myself and the board.
  2. The other document indicates the number of people in attendance at the different sessions, based on my queries to the chairs.

Thank you all for an excellent conference. Some have complimented me, but it is the dedicated membership who deserves the credit. Thank you for your hard work, your commitment to AFEE, and a willingness to share your ideas, even virtually. Thank you all. The Presidents letter will be forthcoming.

Hopefully, we can meet in person next year. Best wishes and stay healthy,

John

John P. Watkins

President, Association for Evolutionary Economics

Professor of Economics

Westminster College

1840 South 1300 East

Salt Lake City, UT 84105