Non-NU Email
Aloha e GNSI,
Glad to see that news about "Adequate Earth: Antarctic Artists and Writers" exhibition has been shared with you all!  There's something for everyone in this exhibition -- it has an incredibly wide range of subjects, stories, media, and styles.  Indeed Terri Nelson was instrumental in helping Kirsten and me navigate the NSF-AAW application process.  Our 2017 expedition was a life-changing experience.

Thanks to Carol Cassidy's 2016 metalpoint workshop at UCSC and with a VERY precious silver stylus from Elaine Hodges (acquired during a conference auction), I utilize this technique in my regular art practice.  A major component of my Antarctic art was drawn with four metal styli (Al, Ag, Au, and Cu) on waterproof field notebook paper.  Mahalo GNSI for being such an incredible organization, supporting generations of SciArtists with toolkits for our varied careers, wherever they may take us!
-Michelle Schwengel-Regala

www.schwengala.com
www.HookAndFathom.com
IG: @FloraFaunaFiber & @HookAndFathom & @antarcticcollective