Tessa Roynon (Oxford U) is hosting a book launch on Thursday (1730 UK time; 1230 Eastern; 1130 Central etc) – her new work, ‘The Classical Tradition in Modern American Fiction’ has a chapter on Cather.

The event includes discussants from the UK American Studies world, as well as classicists.

Sadly, I’ll be hosting my office hour/teaching at that time, but I’m sure the event will be of interest  to many of you.  Tessa tells me all are welcome.

The book is in a series published by Edinburgh UP, and sponsored by BAAS (British Association of American Studies).

https://www.rai.ox.ac.uk/event/book-launch-tessa-roynons-the-classical-tradition-in-modern-american-fiction

Oxford’s RAI (Rothermere American Institute) is hosting the event.

Best,

Guy

Guy Reynolds

Professor